POSITION: Senior Program Manager, Afterschool Program
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs and Community Partnerships
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: $55,000 Annually
LAST UPDATE: 9/3/2021
ABOUT AMIGOS FOR KIDS:
Founded in 1991, Amigos For Kids is a Miami-based nonprofit dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and neglect by valuing children, strengthening families, and educating communities. Amigos For Kids moves its mission forward through its education, awareness, and advocacy programs aimed at helping families in under-resourced communities thrive.
The Senior Program Manager for the Afterschool Program is a full-time member of the management team and oversees all aspects of the day-to-day and administrative operations of the program at multiple locations and is responsible for the safety and wellbeing of program participants. The program provides approximately 120 children in grades K-5 with academic support, homework assistance, and enrichment activities, Monday through Friday 1:50 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Full benefits package including paid time off and medical, dental, vision insurance offered.
- Recruit, hire, and train all counselors and instructional staff
- Supervise and schedule all program staff and volunteers
- Observe and appraise the performance of all counselors and instructional staff
- Secure the appropriate tools and supplies for each program location while adhering to budget constraints
- Ensure expected program outcomes are met
- Ensure program operations are in compliance with grant and licensing requirements
- Identify and resolve operational, logistical, and coverage issues
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies for the recruitment and retention of program participants
- Accurate and timely maintenance of program and participant records and files
- Conduct program participant assessments and maintain appropriate records
- Collect, report and analyze program data
- Complete required programmatic reports within prescribed deadlines
- Maintain site licenses and permits
- Serve as point of contact for site inspections
- Provide classroom coverage when needed
- Coordinate and oversee special events and field trips for program participants
- Develop and maintain relationships with program partners, staff, and parents/guardians
- Under the direction of the Program Director, manage special initiatives and projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Part-Time Afterschool Counselors (8-10)
- Part-Time Program Coordinator (1)
- Part-Time Program Support Specialist (1)
- Part-Time Data Specialist (1)
- Part-Time Literacy Instructors (2)
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, sit, crouch, bend, speak, and hear.
- Ability to engage in physical activity with members without limitation.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects between 10 and 20 pounds.
- This position requires a person who can work with many distractions, interruptions and
still accomplish their objectives and meet established deadlines
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Must be available some weekends
- Must be willing to work a 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. shift
Jose Marti Park
351 SW 4th Avenue, Miami, FL 33130
Citrus Grove Elementary School
2121 NW 5th Street, Miami, FL 33125
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Skilled in developing and facilitating collaborative relationships
- Ability to lead and develop teams
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Energetic team player who works well in collaborative situations
- Strong orientation to customer service
- Knowledge of best practices in the implementation of out of school programs
- Must have a Florida Department of Children and Families Staff Credential met either through:
- FCCPC (Florida Child Care Professional Certification) OR
- Formal Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education with Teaching Certificate
- A.S., A.A. degree or higher in Early Childhood Education/Child Development
- Associate's degree or higher WITH at least six (6) college credit hours in early childhood education/child development AND at least 480 hours experience in a childcare setting serving children ages birth through eight (8). ) school-age credential.
- Must have at least three years of experience working with children and/or youth in community programs.
- Must have or be willing to obtain within the first three months of employment a Director’s Credential in the State of Florida.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License and insured transportation
- Must be fully bilingual English / Spanish
- Supervisory experience preferred
EEO: Amigos For Kids is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, military discharge status, age, marital status, parental status, or source of income.