OBJECTIVE: Provides assistance to program staff to ensure program goals, outcomes and contract objectives are effectively met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Supporting all levels of staff in Amigos programs and special projects
- Supporting Counselors in initiating and maintaining regular contact with families as part of the team with the Counselors /Facilitators in the Nurturing Parent program
- Establishing a trusting relationship with children, parents, and families
- Conducting groups with the children using the evidence based practice curriculum
- Related work to documenting services and data to support the work, maintain files and notes under the supervisor of the Social Worker /Counselor / Facilitator
- Support for activities such as parent-child sessions, family activities, events for families
- Providing child/youth education in group settings using a curriculum and in the family activities
- Assisting to strengthen parent-child relationships
- Supporting the Parenting Facilitators in the work to help parents to improve their skills to optimize the home environment for the child's well-being and safety.
- Helps to distribute information at community fairs
- Assists in the preparation, coordination and overall requirements for scheduled activities
- Performs miscellaneous office-related duties as assigned or required.
- This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Amigos For Kids reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- A high school diploma/GED with experience working with, or assisting, at-risk children and families in a community setting
- Knowledge of infant and child development
- Strong listening skills with a non-judgmental empathetic attitude, being able to communicate effectively with children and parents
- Ability to be satisfied with on-going projects where positive outcomes are often not immediately apparent
- Emotionally mature and capable of exercising judgment
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Knowledge of community resources
- Respect for and sensitivity to the needs and rights of others, including those with differing cultural, racial, sexual, or ethnic identities
- Ability to establish trusting relationships and work effectively with mothers, fathers, and extended family
- Belief that children need to be nurtured
- Good team working skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Reliable transportation
- Willingness to accept and perform new tasks.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Clear, confident telephone manner.
- Flexibility to work evenings
- Ability to work from different job sites each day
- Previous experience working for a social services organization.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must have a working knowledge of a computer.
- Light physical activity related to coordinated seminars/activities, lifting not exceeding 50lbs.